View post (Mage Application )

« View thread
Author Post

The "Who are you" bit Name: Reuben

The "What you play" bit Character Name: Tellectra

Class: MOTHER HECKIN WIZAD-- erm… I mean Mage.

Spec(s): (Please indicate which spec you consider your primary) I’d consider Fire to be my main spec, but as with most pure DPS classes, I’d be playing whichever spec is considered best (unless I utterly despise it. Go away Water Elemental, no one likes you).

Race: Human (soon, currently Blood Elf).

What's your gear like?: (link to armoury saves us some time) http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Tellectra/advanced My Fire artifact weapon is currently level 39 while my Frost and Arcane are both 34. My mage was on Moonglade not long ago, I moved to Twisting Nether somewhat temporarily and will be moving back shortly.

The "Other stuff" bit We raid Monday, Thursday and Saturday 20 - 23 Server. What level of attendance are you likely to make? I work 9 - 5.30, and it takes me 20 minutes to walk home, and I don’t have any regular appointments on Saturday nights, so I will be able to attend each of the listed raid times not counting any infrequent social obligations, of which I will inform you. I’m online most evenings when I’m not out partying hard, taking loads of cocaine, and winning millions of pounds at poker.

We use Mumble to communicate during raids, do you have it/can you get it and do you have a microphone? I have a good microphone, and am happy to talk on Mumble when necessary (and happy to STFU when necessary too). I enjoy being on voice-chat with guildies outside raid times for dungeons, PvP and general chit-chat as well.

What other guilds have you been in, and why did you move on? I could give you an essay on my WoW experience but I’ll save you the wall of text by giving you the condensed version of my raiding history. IMP - ICC - 8/13 25 HC, some of normal and early HC BWD, BoT and TFW - left because the guild died. Suffragium - some more Tier 11 - guild died. Reborn - even more Tier 11 - too hardcore for me, angry, scary raid-leader. Evolved - Tier 11 / early Firelands - unpleasant atmosphere, wanted to join Silent Verdict Silent Verdict - Firelands 6/7 HC and early DS - guild died after first week of DS Emergence - Dragon Soul 8/8 HC and beginning of MOP. This was when I took a break from raiding when I went to University for a variety of reasons, mainly a poor internet connection. When I was finished, I started raiding on Wildstar. I cleared the first raid, and a large chunk of the second one. Since then… FriendlyAdventurePatrol - 7/7 mythic EN, 3/3 ToV HC and 6/10 HC NH. I joined F.A.P. to help out my friends, but since they’re off the ground now I’m looking to move back to my home server, Moonglade.

Why are you applying here? Wei Wu Wei has been on my radar since Moonglade and The Sha’tar got merged in 5.4. Your raiding schedule works well for me, and your world ranks are around where I’d like to be. I’ve also heard good things from members of the Moon’tar Cartel community.

How do you take your tea? With milk, no sugar in a delicate china tea-cup at half-time of a polo match in the manor grounds caressed by a gentle breeze without a care in the world... aahhh... it’s good to have land… sorry, what was the question?

Anything else you feel we should know? Just a little bit about me, should you care. I studied Games Programming at University, working mainly in C++ with SDL and OpenGL, I’m also trying to get my head around DirectX. I’m currently working in finance to pay the bills. I play Magic: The Gathering, and D&D. I rate Mists of Pandaria highly, and to say I dislike Warlords of Draenor would be a grave understatement. Thank you for taking the time to read my application and if you have any questions (relevant or nonsensical), please feel free to ask.

Posted 2 years ago #1