Sub 1400 GBP PC-system example

Hi Rioriel,

here is an example setup from scan.co.uk

Its what i call a plug&play setup that comes fully ready for gaming where you wont need to open the case etc... plug in cables and start installing games etc.

Im using the configurator to build the machine and adding a panel/monitor/screen after http://www.scan.co.uk/3xs/configurator/ ... xsgamer20i Base price: 1075.20 incl VAT and Delivery

This Base system consists of: Case: Cosair Graphite 230T case (270x490x560) (Mid Tower case) Motherboard: Asus Z97-P motherboard CPU: Intel core i7 4790 (3.6GHz) Ram: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro cas 11-11-11-30 1.5v) PSU: 550W Corsair VS, none-Modular, 80Plus Graphics card: 4GB EVGA 970 GTX SC ACX 2.0 Harddisc: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM DVD: Samsung SH-224DB - 24xDVD Reader & Writer Operating System: Windows 8.1 64Bit

This is the changes i would do: Changing the Motherboard to : Asus Maximus VII Ranger +51.60 Professionel Overclocking of Graphics card: +30 PSU Upgrade: to 600W Corsair CX, Semi-Modular, 80Plus Bronze +16.45 Adding a SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO +93.41 Upgrade HD: from 1TB Seagate Barracuda to 2TB Seagate Baracuda +17.50 Change Windows: from Microsoft Windows 8.1 64Bit to the one with Win7 style Start Menu functionality within 8.1 +0.00

To that add a 1080p 24" monitor I think the Acer K242HLAB 24" Gaming Spec Monitor with 2ms Response + HDMI / DVI / VGA, scan code: LN58894 is good value for money at 110.69 GBP (http://www.scan.co.uk/products/24-acer- ... umfw2eea01)

Total price for system after upgrades and including delivery etc etc:
System: 1273.99 Monitor: 110.69 Delivery: 11.99 (Mainland UK only) TOTAL: 1396.67 GBP

Anyway... im sure people will have opinions. Just remember the premise is that it have to be available from a single site, include delivery to doorstep in price and not require opening case... so have to be Plug&Play@Door style.

Michael/Saktur

Posted 4 years ago     Legacy #1 - View post

Thank you very much for taking the time to do this!

Posted 4 years ago     Legacy #2 - View post

I did forget to mention... I used scan.co.uk for when me & Michael upgraded our PC's. I used they pre built options etc and very good service This month I just got my new gpu and monitor from them which is the monitor he linked for you there and I can support that so nice and crisp

Posted 4 years ago     Legacy #3 - View post

I use Scan for nearly all of my PC/Server parts they are very professional good value for money and I haven't had a spot of bother with them in nigh on 6 years of using their services.

The package above for a fully built deal is probably one of the better value for money deals you will get out there at the minute... you would get it alot cheaper if you knew someone who could just put it all together for you though

Posted 4 years ago     Legacy #4 - View post