View post (Computer upgradin')

« View thread
Author Post

So, i'm looking to upgrade my desktop so that I can play WoW in ultra. I think it is my graphics card which is holding me back, but I know very little about computers.

Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. Model: M4A78LT-M Rev X.0x Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 5450 Memory: 1024MB RAM: 4 GB DDR3, PC3- 10700 (667MHz), manufacturer: Nanya Technology, part number: M2F2G64CB88B7N-CG CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor (6 CPUs), ~2.8GHz OS: Windows 7 (6.1) Home Premium Edition 64-bit. Service Pack 1. DirectX 11.

Aside from that, my desktop has always been incredibly loud, with the fans seeming to be working over time as soon as I boot it up. About 6 months ago, I took apart the computer and found that the bracket on my heatsync was cracked, and so it hadn't been attached properly for at least 3 years (when I had last cleaned it). I reattached the heatsync with some new paste and bracket, but the thing is as loud as ever. I'm thinking i'll have to take it into some shop to see if they can tell me whats up.

But yeah, any advice on what parts I should replace would be great!

Posted 4 years ago     Legacy #1