Battlefront Open Beta

For anyone who might be interested in trying this out, here it is. If you want to join with myself then let me know and I will sort out access to our TS3 voice server we will be using for this open beta the more the merrier really

Planning on playing Friday evening mostly then more as time is available, the games pretty solid and enjoyable few issues encountered so far. Drop me a line in/after raid tonight or for those of you that have me on Steam and/or are part of the Wei Wu Wei steamgroup just give me a poke.

Get ready to be taken to a galaxy far, far away! Today, we are happy to reveal that the Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Beta will be available for PlayStation®4, Xbox One and on PC via Origin players between October 8 and October 12. The Star Wars Battlefront Beta is a technical test and will give Rebels and Imperials alike just a small taste of the Star Wars™ battle fantasies you can expect to live out when the game launches on November 17.

The Beta will let you experience three modes spread across three iconic planets including:

Walker Assault on Hoth: Fight in epic 40-player battles as a Rebel to destroy the Empire’s onslaught of AT-AT’s by calling in Y-wing bombers. Or, side with the Empire and protect your walkers while utilizing their mighty weaponry to crush the Rebel objective.

Drop Zone on Sullust: Escape pods are crashing down and you and your team must fight to control them. With its frantic 8v8 matches, Drop Zone is sure to put your combat and strategy skills to the test.

Survival Mission on Tatooine: Play alone or with a friend via co-op or split-screen as you battle to hold off waves of Imperial forces including AT-ST’s, TIE fighters, elite stormtroopers and more.

Whether you look forward to crushing the Rebel scum or feel like you can take on the whole Empire by yourself, we look forward to seeing all you in the Star Wars Battlefront Beta on October 8th.

Posted 3 years ago     Legacy #1 - View post

I would prefer to play on my Xbox One but count me in, I got the game on pre-order

Posted 3 years ago     Legacy #2 - View post

For some reason, this is the first I hear about this game. I will look into what it has to offer. But I am tentatively interested.

Posted 3 years ago     Legacy #3 - View post

Yeah they havent really gone on a massive PR campaign for it to be honest its been in the circles but not pushed in peoples faces odd really considering the popularity of the first game and the fact DICE and EA are the ones developing/publishing.

No doubt there will be a huge PR drive soon...

Posted 3 years ago     Legacy #4 - View post

On facebook its been pushed alot if your following the EA etc pages. I been aware its coming out fors ages so been keeping an eye on it

Cel this is the review from today, but there is lots on the internet of multiplayer with bots etc much like Battlefront 1

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2990073/ ... films.html

Posted 3 years ago     Legacy #5 - View post

btw, if any interest add me in origin with my usual name Da_SunShine_Z

Posted 3 years ago     Legacy #6 - View post

Whats the plan TJ?

Posted 3 years ago     Legacy #7 - View post

I am actually quite interested in giving this a try!

Posted 3 years ago     Legacy #8 - View post

I been playing on xbox one

Posted 3 years ago     Legacy #9 - View post

My findings after having played it for a good couple of hours:

• Spawn camping can be quite a thing if you are unlucky.
  • No real sniping (it feels more like quick-scoping plus the damage feels inadequate)
  • Lag makes you walk forwards, making you lose control of your character for a couple of seconds
  • Chance to be something (flight-, hero- and weapon-tokens feel unbalanced)
  • Very few gun options

on the plus side of things:

• Awesome size of combat!
  • STAR WARS
  • Getting a token and using it feels rewarding (dying with it not so much)
  • Cool objectives
  • Consists of Close-, medium- and long-range fighting
  • Great Graphics
  • STAR WARS
  • Fast paced

I think I forg...STAR WARS....something.

Posted 3 years ago     Legacy #10 - View post

Thanks to that Open Beta, my PS4 is occupied by my son.

Red-eyed son, cursing A LOT (cos his friends from PlanetSide 2 and War Thunder all participate too) and swapping controllers (cos of discharge).

graphics are awesome, btw ))) Assault on Hoth looks like... assault on Hoth )))

Posted 3 years ago     Legacy #11 - View post

Yeah theres many good and bad points... I am wondering whether they have chosen the correct maps/gamemodes to showcase really....

They have moved too far away from the core of Battlefront imo which was multiple classes which brough a good dynamic to the game, the spawning really really needs fixing you can reliably camp the enemy spawns if you are in a good team, the flight controls feel like pulling a stick through treacle and the sensitivity varies from far too twitchy to extremly slow.

That said I probably won't pre-order the game until they sort some things out, I will however spend the money I wouldve spent on this on Fallout 4 instead

Posted 3 years ago     Legacy #12 - View post

I have mine already preordered for Xbox One I enjoyed the mission mode with my brother, be very fun on the other level options and higher wave count

The versus mode looks like the old AI bot mass mission so should be fun

I do agree they are missing the different weapons, the snipe mode on the rifles are nice but lack the power and zoom of a real sniper rifle so maybe it will be on secondary weapon mode like the rocket launcher is

Posted 3 years ago     Legacy #13 - View post

Battlefront beta is no longer playable for me

Posted 3 years ago     Legacy #14 - View post