Tabletop miniature wargaming

It seems a few of us dabble a bit in tabletop wargaming with miniatures. I myself have played way too many gaming systems, and have collected armies for several factions in many of them. Nowadays I spend more time painting the miniatures than playing with them, and have sold off a lot of them, focusing on games that require a smaller amount of minis at a time or that are in a smaller scale.

But here are a few samples of some of my stuff from various different games: Malifaux: A skirmish game in a steampunk/victorian alternate dimension

Marcus, Zoology Professor with a tendency to go "full native" with the beasts he's studying

Nicodem, embalmer and undertaker. Sadly, he often chooses to raise his customers as zombies in his endeavours to take over and rule the world'

Mortimer, Nicodem's faithful but rather dim-witted assistant. Digs graves during the day, digs them up during the night

Nicodem with his Undead minions.

Seamus the Mad Hatter. Haberdasher who loves pretty things. Sadly, he often decides to shoot pretty ladies to raise them as zombies and using them as mannequins for the pretty dresses he makes.

Warmachine: Slightly larger scale game with robots and magic

Garryth, Blade of the Retribution. An elf warrior-monk who fanatically hunts humans with magic ability.

Adeptis Rahn, Battle Mage and master of Telekinesis and Force.

2 Myrmidons, robots powered by the magic of Ley Lines. Controlled by a warcaster, like Rahn or Garryth above

Stormfall Archers, also from the Retribution of Scyrah.

Magnus the Traitor, using some warjacks (the robots) that are slightly less "tech-y"

Other than these two games, I have (or have had at least) armies for Warhammer, Warhammer 40k, Blood Bowl, Flames of War and a bucketload of smaller games that never really took off.

Posted 1 year ago     Legacy #1 - View post

This looks awesome! I have never played Warhammer nor any other tabletop wargaming, but I've always loved the look of it.

Posted 1 year ago     Legacy #2 - View post

I "might" post some pictures of my IG, if i can face you seeing the state of my painting and their overly tanned flesh colours.

Posted 1 year ago     Legacy #3 - View post

Did you paint them all Cel? If so impressive they look really good

Makes me want to break out my paints again....

Posted 1 year ago     Legacy #4 - View post

>Did you paint them all Cel? I did indeed, yes. >Makes me want to break out my paints again.... DO IT!!!

Posted 1 year ago     Legacy #5 - View post

3 of the girls and a preacher who keeps the rabble in order, and a work in progress rough rider in the background IMG_1668.jpg the sisters (who I didn't paint) who inspired me to buy more and have sat unpainted for 2 years.

Posted 1 year ago     Legacy #6 - View post

I like this thread its cool seeing others paintjobs and styles.

I will have to try and dig mine out of storage...

Posted 1 year ago     Legacy #7 - View post

Ohai. Long time no see...

So instead of being around playing WoW, I have been painting instead. Here's my last bit of work:

Posted 9 months ago | Last updated 9 months ago #8 - View post

Wow! Nice shadow effects going on there! I frankly have never done much table-top stuff (monopoly and such don't count), but this is itching me to pick it up sometime.

Posted 9 months ago #9 - View post

With 8th edition out I have been returning to my Minotaurs, here's my 'just needs some final touches/cleanup' Lord Asterion Moloc

alt text

Posted 4 months ago | Last updated 4 months ago #10 - View post

Interesting. I like him. But part of me really wants to throw a wash of something like Nuln Oil or Agrax Earthshade on those metallic bits. :P He'll look great with a base with a contrasting colour too. Like grey sand with light green flock.

Eighth edition of Warhammer 40k has also slightly piqued my interest, as it seems to have fixed some of the complete nonsense that was going on with the game, and made most sane people stop playing the game.

I might just dig out the few models I have left and see if I can make something that's fieldable out of what I have. I plan on picking up my Index book tomorrow to get a better idea of how things fit together when building a force, and then go from there. Who knows, maybe I'll start painting some 40k again, and maybe throw a few pics on these forums if they turn out decent enough to be seen in public.

Posted 4 months ago | Last updated 4 months ago #11 - View post

And here he is fighting a Daemon Prince of Slannesh!

alt text

8th edition is very good I think, a big departure from 3/4/5/6/7. They basically nuked the system from orbit and started again.

As for Moloc he's already had a heavy wash, I need to go back and lightly shade some of the armour (like that thigh) as well as flock the base and generally tidy up my mistakes, but I tend to get a model tabletop ready and move on before coming back. I'm not a great, or fast, painter so by the time I'm down with Forgeworld levels of details I'm ready the eat my paintbrush.

Posted 4 months ago | Last updated 4 months ago #12 - View post

8th is going pretty well so far, not decided what army I'm going to play yet.

I did fix this guy up though, guy at work gave me a bag of old metal Chaos dudes from the late 90s.

How I got him:

How he ended up:

Posted 4 months ago | Last updated 4 months ago #13 - View post

And here is one of the new Primaris marines I painted up for the local GW:

Posted 4 months ago #14 - View post

Dan - those are FUCKING AWESOME!

Posted 4 months ago #15 - View post