Pinned Website Changelog / Feedback / Feature Request

I am not too sure who all was involved in the creating and setup of this new guild page but I'd just like to say Well done :D

Been on here a few days now looking around and all I can say is, it definitely has a more clean, tidy and cool looking setup. I like that the first thing everyone will see is our guild name with that very awesome Illidan picture behind it ^_^

But, the thing that strikes me most impressive is the Raid roster and signup method; able to see all who sign in what category quite organised and nice looking.

So yeah, good job to those who put the work into this new shiny guild page xD

Posted 2 years ago #31 - View post

It all started many many years ago when me and Lu were chatting about raid sign ups, and we came up with an approximate idea for a raid sign up system. We then forgot about it for quite a long time and were busy with other things.

Then I decided we needed a new website, as the old one was very old, died, got replaced with a static page Lu put together... We also had old phpbb forums which we didn't update for about 5 years until it wouldn't actually run anymore....

Basically the old one was super old.

So I put it together, with input from Lu on what he wanted in terms of the raid system, and various others including Hanna and Cel for their very thorough testing and detailed bug reports during the beta :P

Posted 2 years ago #32 - View post

In response to Azareath (View post):

I am not too sure who all was involved in the creating and setup of this new guild page but I'd...

Like all web design you first need to start by sacrificing ten thousand morally ambiguous animals to the great Web God (who is World Wide). Things go downhill from there.

Posted 2 years ago #33 - View post

In response to Corvalla (View post):

Like all web design you first need to start by sacrificing ten thousand morally ambiguous animals t...

This would actually make life a lot easier.

Posted 2 years ago #34 - View post

Latest raid is broken due to me deleting a log in WarcraftLogs, I'll fix that tomorrow.

Posted 2 years ago #35 - View post

Old log cache issue is fixed, so log for last night shows up properly now.

Posted 2 years ago #36 - View post

It's nice to have logs directly linked to the raid indeed.

I only see the last 3 bosses though. But I guess that has more to do with the WoL upload than the website system. ;)

Posted 2 years ago #37 - View post

Yeah, I only ended up logging 3 fights in the end, after messing about and reloading my UI and forgetting to start the combat log again ;(

Posted 2 years ago #38 - View post

Heh. No problem at all. I don't think any of us are going to obsess over pre-patch numbers on content that has been on farm for about a year. ;)

I just use WoL to gather roughly if I'm doing numbers around what I should be for my gear. Or to reminisce about funny ways I found to screw up mechanics...

Posted 2 years ago #39 - View post

One of my addons logs automatically, I'll do an upload

Edit: or not, apparently my log is too big.

Posted 2 years ago | Last updated 2 years ago #40 - View post

Site still does not provide free pie on entry, please amend.

Posted 2 years ago #41 - View post

The pie is a lie.

Character avatars seem intermittent, Blizzard are doing something funky. Seems they're all being rendered under Moonglade instead of the individual servers now, which is weird. Maybe they're going to merge us!

Posted 2 years ago #42 - View post

That would be most evil of them.

Posted 2 years ago #43 - View post

I've put in a bug report regarding the avatars so we'll see what happens.

Posted 2 years ago #44 - View post

Purple names appear to be working as expected, enjoy Demon Hunters.

Posted 2 years ago #45 - View post